Monday, January 19, 2009

As Promised

First! I have a tanzanian cell phone number... 011 255 71 691-8678. I think this is the whole number, including the code to get out of the US, into Tanzania, and my number itself. If you want to try calling I'd suggest skpye, it's cheap!

And now:
In the past week at Juvi we've had about a 75% turn over rate...which is great for those boys who get to go home, but hard to know why the new boys are there without our local liason (we're not sure if he's taking a vacation or has a new job elsewhere...hakuna matata). Today while Jane and I were walking back home after Juvi, we saw one of the recently released boys walking back to Juvi. He'd been released, but was bringing the other Juvi boys mangos. How great is that?

And luckily there are some things that don't require local liason translation, namely music. Here are some pictures from our little lesson:

E, Godi (the warden's son, not a Juvi boy, c'mon he's only 4!) and I, with musical genres on the board in the background...



Now we try some swing dancing to jazz music...



Raj and I trying to box-step to classical...



getting down to hip-hop (by far the favorite)...


and here's everyone posing in the classroom.

Tha-tha-that's all folks!
(for now)




1 comment:

Followers