Thursday, February 5, 2009

Oh yea! Uh huh!

Well, my second to last day is over...and the mural is finished!

Our work party yesterday was very successful, we finished the touch up of the yellow outline, and fixed the paint that had dripped down -- the blue is all blue now, the black all black -- and we made sure everyone had the appropriate number or arms/legs and the right size of head -- some how a couple people had acquired an extra arm and two people's heads doubled in size.

As of today the last coat of paint has been put on the walls (for now anyway -- any future volunteer out there is welcome to add some embelishments; if I had more time I'd love to add some musical notes/bars around the boys)! I'm very happy with the way it turned out, especially because we all did it together!


Putting some finishing touches on the wall...



Some of the boys busting a move in front of the newly finished mural...


Also, when we went out to play soccer today you could see Kili. The boys all pointed it out to me and were very excited about it. Here's a picture of the boys with Kili in the background:


Tomorrow is E's (18th) court date, and I'm hoping for the best (which would include the magistrate coming to court and E being released). If you've got a spare moment send some good thoughts this way!

And as of Saturday Tim and I are heading to Arusha to go to the UN's Tribunal for the Rwanda genocide on Monday...where we're going after that is anyone's guess! But I would love to see some more giraffes, and Tim's got a hankering for elephants, so I think we'll try to scrounge up some of those.

1 comment:

  1. Its so beautiful I have tears in my eyes!
    Go Dada Sadie!! You rocked it, and the boys look so happy.

    Much Love,
    Jane

    ReplyDelete

Followers